The student news site of Fraser High School

The Flash

The Flash

The Flash

Homecoming is over, What’s Up with Prom?

As homecoming comes to an end, the next big dance comes to mind. For seniors, this is a night to remember, beginning with the hunt for the perfect outfit, preparing for a fancy dinner, and finding the flawless backdrop for photographs. Though with rising prices all around, what can seniors expect to pay for the fun-filled night? 

Prom has been a dance students look forward to, especially as seniors. It is always posed as the perfect farewell for seniors going onto the next step of their lives. With these expectations being presented, the class of 2024 student council is challenged with planning a night for students to cherish and remember. Though how possible is this with the challenges upcoming seniors have faced through their 4 years?

“Due to COVID, we are a year behind in funds.” Class Vice President Samantha Svoeuy said.

“We are working our hardest to make up for the lost funds, trying to incorporate new fundraisers within already planned events” Class President Alexandra Nichol said.

With the seniors losing out on a year of fundraising, it is possible tickets will not go down from last year’s price of $65. Though they do not intend to raise the ticket price anymore. The prom ticket usually covers the renting of the venue and the student’s dinner. The rest of the class budget will cover other attributes to prom; such as decorations, a DJ, and any other miscellaneous factors. The class of 2024 accepts donations in forms of gift cards, which is always a way people can contribute to prom.

The class of 2024 prom is currently planned to be held at The Mirage. Which is a venue located in Clinton Township. 

This begins to beg the other questions revolving around prom. What will the theme be? How will the theme be determined? Beginning the search for answers by interviewing the class officers.

“We are hoping to incorporate our student body as much as possible when deciding our prom theme. We would like to send out surveys to begin our planning” Class Secretary Jonah Woods said.

Ultimately, the prom theme and other attributes will be determined by surveying the student body. Prom’s fine details will be figured out by the class council with the help of student body opinion. 

Though, while students wait for prom in May, they can look forward to an array of events planned for seniors. Last week the senior sunrise was held, which was a success. Students can look forward to senior wear being available early November. A google form for class nominations will also be sent out sometime in the near future. As seniors reach the new year, they can look forward to mock elections taking place sometime in February or March. They can also look forward to Road Rally and Water Wars being planned. All leading up to the fun-filled last day of school. 

The class of 2024 has some great things planned for the year, and we look forward to all the events, especially what we see from the prom!