The student news site of Fraser High School

The Flash

The Flash

The Flash

Fraser Idol

By: Courtney Winnie

stanleyOn February 7th, Fraser High School put on their annual talent show,  Fraser Idol. The contest is a spinoff of the hit TV show American Idol. Social Studies teacher Mr. Socha, along with a couple other Fraser teachers, host auditions for any student that wants to show off their singing talent. From the auditions, twelve students are then picked for the final round. Fraser Idol is a fun competitive way for students to come and compete for a cash price as well as showcase their talent.

This year’s show was one of the best we’ve had. From the performers to the side acts, the show was extremely entertaining. Each performer had something unique about how they sang and their performance. Fraser Idol had three judges that never left the crowd waiting. Always making them laugh, Stanley, Julian, and Thompson were amazing judges to have. This year the show added something new. To kick off the show we had performances from teachers as well as last year’s winner, Frankie Gianetti.

It was a tough competition, with a four point difference between first and second place, Lauren Burnette came out victorious singing a mash up of three songs. Her energy and ways of getting the crowd pumped up really made her performance big. All the contestants were great. Fraser Idol is something that happens every year, and it’s only going to get bigger and better.