Fraser K-12 District Art Show

Hampus Arvidsson, Flash Staff Reporter

Once a year Fraser Public Schools put on their annual K-12 District Art Show. The Art Show is located in the FHS Media Center and contains over a thousand pieces of artwork gathered from students all the way from kindergarten to 12th grade.  The show is open 7am-5pm, May 7th – 9th.

Pulluted Beauty, by Lauren Argir (Art student of the year) –”this work shows the terrible effects that the overconsumption of single-use plastics has had on our environment. Every 60 seconds, 1 ton of plastic enters our oceans! This is Horrible! As consumers it is up to us to vote with our dollars… in other words, we need to search for alternatives to single-use plastics and demand that companies be held accountable for the waste that they are producing.”

Prescribed Corruption, by Lauren Argir (Art student of the year) –”In the beginning of my freshman year, I faced severe health issues that traditional medicine could not heal. Luckily, I was able to find a more holistic approach that helped me to heal, but my research opened my eyes to the corruption in western medicine. Unfortunately, it seems that the desire of the pharmaceutical companies is to profit off of the illness in our country and of our people. When creating this portfolio, I wanted to draw attention to this corruption and inspire others to be more conscious of the sinister side of modern medicine. As a citizen of this country, we trust our government and medical practitioners to have our best interest in mind. In fact, a doctor’s greed and hunger for power by  the pharmaceutical industry have influenced the powers that regulate the industry. How many people must fall victim to the addictive nature of prescription drugs, such as opioids, before we stand up? We as consumers have the power to vote with our dollar and run for an elected office. I hope that my art serves as a reminder that we must fight for medical freedom and transparency of the pharmaceutical industry and our government regulations.

Daddy, Who’s that lady? By Christina Clarke, 12th grade, FHS

Stripped, by Xandria Sink, 11th grade, FHS

This was one of the many recycled jeans jackets in a fundraiser that recently took place at FHS.

Tamia Moultry, 10th grade, FHS

Huda Ashraf, 12th grade, FHS

Emma chance, 5th grade, Eisenhower