The Flash

Elise Vitale: A Rising Star

Elise Vitale at the free throw line against rival Lakeview on January 19th, 2018

Aron Geml, Flash Sports

Being a student athlete isn’t always easy, in fact many struggle to keep up with the demands of playing a sport and keeping up with school work but that’s not the case for Elise Vitale. Elise is a junior at Fraser High School and is a three sport athlete. She is a varsity soccer, volleyball, and basketball player. When Elise is not on the soccer field or volleyball court she’s on the basketball, court where she is the starting point guard. When Elise first picked up a basketball, she was in kindergarden at Upwards and that was her main starting point.

Number 12 Elise Vitale (middle) and her teammates following a volleyball game in October of 2017

Elise is always on the basketball court whether its basketball season or not she is always on the hardwood. She works on her craft at least five to six hours a day when it’s not basketball season. There is no doubt that she is a hard working player. Putting athletics and academics aside she loves to hang out with her friends and she is a big reader and she really loves nature. Elise has a sweet tooth as well, she loves chocolate and on the savory side she loves lamb chops. In addition to her reading, she is a huge Harry Potter fan of both the books and the movies.

Back on basketball, as good of a player as Elise is one would think that college basketball has to be on her mind going forward.

“ It’s definitely a good option for me. If I get a scholarship or if someone offers I’ll take it but if not I don’t know if I will play,” Elise said.

When it comes to college, Elise hopes to stay local. She is currently looking at Oakland University and the University of Detroit-Mercy. She hopes to go into the medical field as her career and her parents are her biggest role models to this stage in her life.

“ Probably because of my parents because they are really supportive and they are always encouraging me no matter if I do bad or not. They give me pointers like hey don’t worry you will get them next time,” Elise said.

Aron Geml
A rising star; rising up and sinking the 3 ball.

Elise is the true definition of a student athlete on the volleyball and basketball court and soccer field. From middle school to her high school days, she always makes sure that school comes first before athletics.  Elise has always been dominate on the volleyball court and soccer field for varsity. She has been the starting point guard in basketball since the beginning and now it’s her second year starting on the varsity team and every single season she keeps on improving in all of her sports. So watch out Elise Vitale is truly a rising star.