The student news site of Fraser High School

The Flash

The Flash

The Flash

Boy’s Varsity Scoccer

soccer3By: Starria Coppins

Walking onto the Rambler football field on October 16th was the undefeated, Fraser boy’s varsity soccer team. White flooded the stands as fans screamed and cheered on the team, anxious to watch how the game will go.
“Right when we walked in the student section was cheering. It was cool that we all were there to support the team like that,” senior Sarah Baur said.
Last year the team versed De La Salle and lost; therefore, competing against them created a pressured game, but they fought their hardest all the way to the end.
“We’ve been more focused and working a lot harder in practices this year. At the game, I had confidence that every single player on our team was going to fight as hard as they could to win the game,” junior player Matthew Lentine said.
Fraser went head to head with DLS as they both fought for a goal; however, no goal was received before half time.
“The atmosphere during the game was unlike any other Fraser event I’ve been to: our school really came together to cheer for our team and it paid off. We didn’t sit down one time during the game,” senior Sydney Harris said.
Not only is the student body proud of our soccer team, but so is our athletic director.   
“The team has exceeded my expectations and the coach’s. It’s amazing that we won last night. To see our kids play on the field and give the effort that they did, makes me so proud of them. It was absolutely amazing to see how many kids came out. I’ve never heard our stadium any louder, especially on a Wednesday night for a Soccer game,” Athletic Director Brad Robinson said.
Varsity soccer is 17-0-5 and is working towards their goal, which is to be holding up the state championship trophy.
“Practices are a lot different because we can taste a state championship and understand that practices translate into games,” senior captain Nathan East said.

After the great defeat of DLS, the team continued on to play Cousino High School on the 17th. Though there was not as much support as the previous game, Fraser came out with a huge victory and the title of district champions. They won the game 6-0. The team will continue to play in the regional championships to finish of an undefeated season.
Congratulations to the boy’s varsity soccer team and continue working hard!