The student news site of Fraser High School

The Flash

The Flash

The Flash

About Valentines Day

Written By: Starria Coppins

Director Steve Pink along with actors Kevin Hart and Regina Hall during the Q&A session at Royal Oak Emagine. Photo Credit: Starria Coppins
Director Steve Pink along with actors Kevin Hart and Regina Hall during the Q&A session at Royal Oak Emagine.
Credit: Starria Coppins

Ever been in that awkward position where your friend tricked you into going on a blind date because he or she didn’t want to go on their date alone? We’ve all been there before and “About Last Night,” starring Kevin Hart and Regina Hall, gives the full story behind what happens after that awkward moment.  “About Last Night” is a movie from 1986 and performed as a play in 1974 by David Mamet. The movie is about two couples; one the quiet, passionate and the other outgoing and humorous. This film shows these two separate couples through humor, seriousness, and drama.

“This movie is edgy, but the contrast between both couples and the dynamic shown between the friends, shows how women and men approach one another when dealing with problems in relationships. One couple was so reserved and on the outside tried to seem so perfect, but yet on the inside, they had the same problems,” actor Kevin Hart said while at the Detroit promotion in Royal Oak.

The 2014 production of “About Last Night” was written by Leslye Headland and directed by Steve Pink. With Kevin Hart, Michael Ealy, Regina Hall and Joy Bryant as the main characters, the film was well acted and put together to give viewers an entertaining film. The movie was shot in Los Angeles back in 2012. The mood that vibes from the actors and the setting sends a play on emotion from romantic to serious and a splash of laughter. Both couples add romance; however, Hart and Hall splash laughter into the film while Ealy and Bryant make it serious. Hart is the heart of the movie by keeping the audience laughing.

Kevin Hart and Regina Hall interacting with the audience. Credit: Starria Coppins
Kevin Hart and Regina Hall interacting with the audience.
Credit: Starria Coppins

“We were excited! I read the script and loved it. Seeing two types of relationships, two different types of love on the  screen gave it a balance, and it modernized where relationships are today and where they were in the 80’s,” actress Regina Hall said.

“About Last Night” in theatres February 14, 2104. If you go see this movie, try not to end up in that awkward position where you’re tricked to go on a double date.

Pink, Hart, and Hall during the Q&A session. Credit: Starria Coppins
Pink, Hart, and Hall during the Q&A session.
Credit: Starria Coppins