Culinary Achievements

Culinary+Achievements

Olivia DeBlaere, Flash Staff Reporter

Fraser High School Culinary Students competed in the Skills USA Competition at Dorsey College at the beginning of the year. They competed against several other high schools in the region. Due to this competition and the incredible work of Fraser Students, they then got the opportunity to compete at the State level in Grand Rapids from April 14th to the 16th.

Akeelah Jones, a Senior, earned a gold medal in SkillsUSA Baking. Lorens Lleshaj, a Freshman, earned 4th in SkillsUSA Culinary Cooking. Stephen Latshaw, a Junior, earned 4th in SkillsUSA Restaurant Service.

Later in March Fraser High School Culinary Students competed in the ProStart  Competition at Blue Water Convention Center in Port Huron. A statewide competition with schools from all over. 

The Fraser Nutrition team placed 4th out of ten schools with team Captian Evan Sanders (Senior), Iman Moses (Sophmore), Jordyn McDonald (Senior), and Lorens Lleshaj (Freshman). Jordyn McDonald Placed 1st in the 3rd Heat of the Ready Set Go competition. Jordyn McDonald Placed 4th in the Knife Skills Competition out of 40 students!

Fraser High School Culinary Students then entered the ACF competition, competing against over a hundred other professionals. The students competed against students from a multitude of colleges and from around the United States. 

Each student who competed earned a medal. Iman Moses, a Sophomore, earned a gold medal in Baking and Cake Decorating. Alisa Harris, a Junior, earned a silver medal in Baking and Cake Decorating. Lorens Lleshaj, a Freshman, earned a bronze medal in Knife Skills Portion.

Congratulations to the talented students who have competed this school year.