Seventeen Years in a Row – Marching Band takes straight “1”

Marching+Band+takes+the+field+at+half+time+for+homecoming.+

The Rambler Yearbook Staff

Marching Band takes the field at half time for homecoming.

Oliva King, Editor-In-Chief

The week of October 11 dedicates itself to celebrating our Fraser Rambler Marching Band. On Wednesday, the Ramblers marched against thirty-seven bands and over forty-four hundred, and for the twelfth year in a row, Fraser has remained the largest in the district in the competition. Mr.Rodgers, the band director, had nothing but positive things to say in regards to the progression of the night.

“It has been another fantastic season for the FHS marching band, culminating in a First Division rating at the Michigan School Band and Orchestra Association District 16 marching band festival for their show “Queen Extravaganza,” at Warren Mott High School on Wednesday, October 11.  Despite the rainy conditions, the band performed spectacularly, earning a First Division for the 17th consecutive year. The Rambler marching band is the largest marching band in District 16 for the past 11 years, “ said Jim Rodgers, Fraser’s Band Director.

The Rambler Yearbook Staff

The participating bands, all gathered on the football field of Warren Mott High School, originated from Oakland County, St.Clair County, and Macomb County. For seventeen years, reigning superior over all of these bands, the Ramblers have taken home a first division rating in music, marching, and general effect showmanship.