Preppin’ For An Event

Angel Bacol, Editor-in-Chief

Everyone has experienced their own important events that require them some time and thought. For high school seniors, their important event is prom!

This year, Fraser High School’s Prom Theme is ‘A Night at Gatsby’s’. Seniors have known about it for a while now and with prom less than one month away, how are high school seniors preparing themselves for the event?

Despite being a senior, I am clueless about how much effort is required for prom. I know people who already have their prom dresses bought as well as their makeup and hair appointments scheduled. Meanwhile, I’m over here still picking out my prom dress and not even having a hair appointment.

Prom is a high school event that most seniors would regret not going to. It’s another night to hang out with friends, dress up, dance, and eat. But what’s with the need to find prom dresses months in advance? Prom may be a one time event, but it is only for one night.

“Prom is a once in a lifetime event, and we put in so much effort because we want that night to be perfect.” said by senior Jessica Helfrich.

That’s true. For many important events, people want that night to be perfect. With so much thought and effort going on for prom, it’s no wonder that we had a Prom Fashion show. Everyone wants to find the perfect dress or suit, receive or create the perfect promposal, and have an unforgettable night.

“It’s one of the last times we get together as a senior class so we want to make those memories last.

Looks like I need to start finding my prom dress, I want to remember prom with my senior class to be perfect as well.