Choir and Band Heritage Music Festival Results

Angel Bacol, Flash Reporter

When students have the chance to travel to another state for competitions, they should know that they have to give it their all to not waste their opportunity. Fraser Singers, Symphonic Ensemble, and Jazz Band were able to take a trip to Nashville, Tennessee, for the National Choir and Band Heritage Music Festival competition during the weekend of April 10th.

Symphonic Ensemble: Gold Rating

Jazz Band: Gold Rating

Show Choir: Gold Rating

The 2015 Nashville Heritage Festival did not only provide the bands with just ratings and scores, those that represented Fraser were also awarded for their hard work and accomplishments. 

The Instrumental Sweepstakes Trophy: awarded to the Fraser Bands for the school with two or more instrumental groups accumulating the highest number of points for two groups toward the perfect score of 200.

The Outstanding Band Trophy: awarded to the Jazz Band for being the highest scoring group in the Band Division.

The Adjudicators Award Trophy: awarded to the Fraser Singers for achieving an average score of 95 or higher. 

The Adjudicators Award Trophy: awarded to the Jazz Band for achieving an average score of 92 or higher. 

The Festival Sweepstakes Trophy: awarded to the Fraser Music Department for earning the highest combined ratings and rankings of all the Choirs and Bands in competition.

The awards were not only towards the bands and choir, there were seven individual Fraser students who were identified for their talents.

The Maestro Awards: awarded to individual students for being selected by the adjudicators as outstanding musicians of festival.

For Band: Patrick Score (trumpet), Ian LoPiccolo (Alto Sax), and Robert Lindsay (Guitar).

For Choir: Cameron McGillis, Nathaniel Zook, Isabel Vitale, and Robert Lindsay (guitar).

The Fraser Symphonic Ensemble, a combination of band and choir, received the Certificate of Excellence invitation to the National “Festival of Gold” for Choral and Instrumental Groups.

Congratulations all you outstanding young artists! The Fraser Music Department earned, in total, 15 awards and 1 Certificate of Invitation, sweeping the events with high-ranking ratings in competition with school music programs from around the country, representing 24 ensembles from 9 schools and 7 states.