HOSA students exel at states

HOSA has done it again! The chapter has placed in the top 8 at the state conference and will be sending students to nationals. Five students will be attending nationals to compete in various categories. The students met many others interested in the medical field. “I enjoyed bonding with everyone from our school for an entire weekend and meeting new people from other schools,” HOSA President Emily Malendowski said. HOSA students spent two days in tense competitions ranging from speaking to writing essays to taking tests. Fraser brought 11 students to the conference. The chapter took home two awards, placing 3 rd in Outstanding HOSA Chapter and taking 2 nd for the HOSA Week award. Senior Maria Agostini placed in the top 8 for her score on a medical math test and senior Markenya Booker-Johnson also placed in the top 8 for extemporaneous writing. Three seniors, one junior, and one sophomore will be attending nationals. Senior Emily Malendowski took 1st at states in the prepared speaking category. Mark Huetter took 2nd in extemporaneous speaking and TJ Jasinski placed in the top 8 for job seeking skills. Junior Molly Hilsabeck took 2nd in the concept of health care test. Sophomore Tia Pappas took 3rd in extemporaneous writing. Nationals will be held in Orlando, Florida. This four day competition will feature the best competitors from the country. Fraser HOSA is expected to do well and is looking forward to the competition. “I am so proud to represent FHS at nationals again with other members of HOSA!” Malendowski said.