The student news site of Fraser High School

The Flash

The Flash

The Flash

Wrecking Ball Review

By Josephine Morenski

Miley Cyrus is surely shedding her squeaky-clean Disney image with her newWrecking Ball Review - Josie music. Off of her album, “Bangerz” Cyrusreleased her second hit single, “Wrecking Ball” in August 2013. Controversy already began` when the former Disney star released her first single, “We Can’t Stop”, with the interesting video as well as the lyrics.
“Wrecking Ball” is a great way to show Cyrus’ true vocal performance, though the song and video seem as if it was tossed together last minute. It seems as if the song was meant to have a meaning to it but it simply was not reached. Wrecking Ball takes a different approach from Miley’s new image, but resembles some of her previous albums.  With the music video just released on September 9th, fans are not surprised of Cyrus’ attention-grabbing image and is creating more controversy than ever, with her interesting way of showing the emotion of a relationship.
The video is thought to be very plain and boring, with just one setting the entire video. But, also shows the emotion of the song, and what it really means. Overall, the song and the video are a great way express Cyrus’ new image as an adult. With her latest albumhitting shelves soon, fans will see that she is no longer Hannah Montana.
“Bangerz” should not disappoint fans of Miley Cyrus from moving away from her Disney-teen pop image, the album is set to drop October 8th.

“Bangerz” Album Cover
                                                                                                    Photo Credit: MileyCyrus.com