The student news site of Fraser High School

The Flash

The Flash

The Flash

“Oz the Great and Powerful”

By: Brooke Moore

The premiere of “Oz the Great and Powerful,” was much anticipated here in Michigan. It was filled right down the street in Pontiac. Since its release on the 8th of March it has been the number one movie in the world. Staring with well know actors like James Franco, Mila Kunis, and Rachel Weisz is Fraser alumni Vera Morenski.

Morenski graduated in 2010 with many hopes and dreams. She took part in many beauty pageants and even won Miss Teen Michigan in 2010.

“It was an experience I will never forget. I was able to work with a plethora of my favorite charities and meet some amazing young women. I also learned a lot about myself during the whole process,” said Morenski.

After holding her title for a year, Morenski took advantage of every opportunity that came her way. She has worked not only with the stars from “Oz,” but many others like Victoria’s Secret PINK photographers.

From modeling to acting Morenski is always traveling from place to place.

“I really love New York City, Denver, and Anaheim. I also love traveling to St. Thomas,” said Morenski.

Coming from a small town like Fraser makes it hard to believe that achieving large dreams may be impossible. But Morenski has pushed hard and persevered to work for her dream. She encourages others to press on for what they yearning to happen in the future.

“I truly believe that hard work, motivation, and self discipline go a long way when you are trying to achieve something. Anything is possible if you are willing to dedicate yourself to your goal,” encourages Morenski.

While sometimes is may feel like she is millions of miles from home, Morenski never forgets where she came from. Fraser is her home, the place that she loves. It will always be a part of her no matter where she goes and she will never forget the students and teacher that influences her during her four years at FHS.

“I would like to thank Mr. Hanley for teaching me the “study buddies cheer.” It has never failed me in my attempt to use it as a conversation starter. I would also like to give a shout out to my former Fraser Dance Team coach, Ms. Berube,” said Morenski.