Outside the Ordinary

Outside+the+Ordinary+

When most people hear the term student teacher, they picture the young, bright eyed college student getting ready to join the adult world; however, that is not the case this semester in Robert Boyd’s government classes.

His student teacher, Daniel Gallina, has been a full time practicing attorney for ten years, but is now making a career change into teaching law instead.

“The main reason I got into both of the careers is because I really enjoy teaching and helping people,” Gallina said.

Gallina has worked in probate law, criminal law, corporate law, and even school law.

“I believe my experiences aid me in teaching because both careers greatly revolve around preparation,” Gallina said.

Boyd agrees that Gallina’s law degree greatly helps and says that it is awesome working with him.

“Mr. Gallina is smart, hardworking, and has a soft touch. I think the students will really like him and I consider myself pretty lucky to have a lawyer in the room,” Boyd said.

After only a few classes with Mr. Gallina, students are already embracing him and his fun teaching strategies.

“Mr. Gallina is a wonderful teacher. He takes movies and other things that teenagers are interested in and incorporates them with learning, which makes learning more interesting and helps us remember what we learned,” junior Marina Ghatas said.

Gallina is extremely thankful for the people who have helped him achieve everything he has set out to do.

“My dad has always inspired me with his dedication and how he tries to help out as many people as he can. My wife (who is a teacher) also really inspires me. She is the hardest working person I have ever met and she really cares about her students. I hope to be half the teacher that she is.” Gallina said.

Gallina’s final goal in this career change is to find himself teaching history classes in a high school, maybe even FHS.