The student news site of Fraser High School

The Flash

The Flash

The Flash

FHS Gains New Gym Teacher

Heston   First time high school gym teacher Gregory Heston joined the Fraser High School family in the beginning of the school year. After teaching middle school gym in Georgia, Heston and his family moved to Michigan in 2010.

“There is not really a big difference from teaching in Michigan and Georgia. Both states really pushed for 21st century learning because students can learn through technology,” Heston said.

Heston worked at a charter school in Detroit then he found out about the job opening after hearing about the position from a neighbor.

“There’s so many kids enrolled here at Fraser and that opens up more PE classes,” Heston said.

Along with teaching physical education at FHS, Heston teaches at several elementary schools five days a week after teaching one class a day here. He also coaches South Lake‘s football team.

“This is my first year at [South Lake], but my 13th year as a coach. I was a varsity football coach at Bishop Foley High School and then in2003, I coached at Rochester Adams High School,” Heston said.

Heston is an appreciated addition to the Fraser Family.

“They are great people here at the high school and t the elementary school. They helped me out last year, and even here this year because I’m new at the high school. They all guided me where I needed to be,” Heston said, “Mainly its teaching the kids is the fun part.”