The student news site of Fraser High School

The Flash

The Flash

The Flash

Take What you Need

Courtesy of The Flash, posters were scattered throughout the halls of Fraser High School on November 14. With the desire to have people smiling, The Flash staff handmade posters to hang on the walls.  The posters were made on multiple different colored papers saying, “Take what you need,” and had cut tabs for people to take what they “needed.” The tabs said things like: A million dollars, pizza, family, a friend to listen, a teddy, a laugh, and a smile. These examples are just a few out of many that were on the posters.

“I thought it was a really cool idea,” senior, Ashley Derry, said.  “I was working out when I saw the sign and there was already a few taken. And one of the couple that were still there was ‘Motivation’ and, to be honest, I really need motivation every day. Not just that day I was working out, so I taped it on my wall and look at it every chance I get.”

Although smiles are great, it wasn’t the only reason why the Flash decided to make this fun little presentation of them. The Flash adviser, Jamie Flanagan, saw the idea and thought it would be a fun way to promote The Flash.

“I thought it would be a fun and weird way to bring a smile to people’s faces and get people talking about us,” Flanagan said.

Weird it was, but it served its purpose of both promoting and being a fun way to spread a smile throughout the school day. Students all day walked by the signs, and took what they needed. It was a small, fun thing for The Flash to do for the school, and was definitely fun for the staff to make them smile and think of funny things to say on the posters.

“It was silly and fun, and was really cool with all the ideas that we could come up with to make the posters,” Flash reporter, Amy Weed, said.

When making these posters, The Flash staff had smiles plastered on their faces, really wanting to make these signs special and silly, they grabbed their markers and lots of paper to let their creativity flow.

Making it their mission to put a smile on people’s faces throughout the day, multiple dropped what they had been doing to begin making all these funny looking designs on construction paper. Being careful with their artwork, they rushed about to finish up before the bell so they could sprinkle them around the school walls.

Over all, the posters were a success and many found them enjoyable including the faculty members. Seeing them in the hallways gave everybody a sense of being taken care of, and that seemed to bring smiles to everybody’s face.

“I thought they were cute, but not every student gets a chance to see them. They also remind me of my college days, because those things were everywhere,”  Katlyn Witt, science and math  teacher, said.