Fraser shuts down Sterling

Devon Schwarze-Hemelberg, Flash Sports Reporter

On April 13, Fraser senior pitcher Alexis Belfiori had to pitch against Sterling Heights High School and she definitely showed up. She pitched two scoreless innings for Fraser. “Alexis is our #1 pitcher going into the year and we expect big things from her. So far she’s come out and done everything we’ve asked for her.” said coach Matt Fishburn.

The Ramblers were able to end this game early as the Lady Ramblers put up 15 runs in the first 2 innings. The game ended after 3 innings with Fraser winning 15-0 over 15 mile rival Sterling Heights High School. Senior shortstop Casey Spencer went 3 for 3 on the day and has been a huge leader for this team this year.

Sterling Heights coach Steve Schiesel has big aspirations for this Stallions’ team.“I scheduled this game because we are in the same district as Fraser and I wanted to see what they had. Also, when you play a team like that, you learn something about your own team, too,” said Schiesel. This game was a great experience for the Stallions and should help as they open MAC Silver division play Friday against New Haven. The Stallions went 14-2 last year in the division last year, finishing just behind rival Clintondale.

The Ramblers are now 3-1 on the year and will open their MAC Blue division play Thursday at L’Anse Creuse. Last year was a rough one for the girls as they did not capture their division title, but this team looks a lot better than last year’s. This team has the talent to not only compete for the MAC Blue division title, but for a divisional title. Don’t be suprised if this team plays into early June.